Monday, January 4, 2016

Congratulations Clare! Educational Leadership Consultant 2016-2017!


Written by: Clare Hanks – PC12 

   
This past fall, I began my senior year of college and was overwhelmed with the bittersweet feeling of having to soon close this chapter of my life. As I began to think about the future and what I wanted to do after graduation, I realized that I was not ready to let go of my involvement in Alpha Phi. From being on the Executive Board for three consecutive terms to the amazing friendships I formed with my sisters, Alpha Phi has played a huge part in helping me grow throughout my collegiate years. I kept asking myself how could I give back to the organization that has given me so much?


     I always loved all the Educational Leadership Consultants that visited our chapter. They were always helpful, extremely motivating, and spoke so passionately about their job. So, this past October, I decided to apply to be an ELC for the 2016-2017 school year! The three-round process consisted of an online application, a phone interview, and a weekend spent at the International Executive Office to meet and interview with various staff members. In the end, I was ecstatic when I was offered the job along with 18 other sisters from all over the country!


     I am thrilled to start my first post-grad adventure working for such an awesome organization! Although living out of a suitcase and traveling to different college campuses every week will be an adjustment, I cannot wait to see where my time as an ELC will take me! I am very thankful that I have the opportunity to experience Alpha Phi outside of my four years at Omicron. As the college chapter of my life comes to a close in May, I know the next chapter as an ELC will be unforgettable and rewarding!