Thursday, July 7, 2016

Our President Represents Omicron at the 71st Biennial Convention!



Written by: Hannah Hartlieb PC14

When I walked through the front doors of 906 South Providence during recruitment, I had no idea what an impact this home would have on me, not only as a collegiate woman, but also far beyond.

This past June I had the privilege of representing our Omicron chapter at the 71st Biennial Alpha Phi Convention hosted by Alpha Phi International in Cleveland, Ohio. I spent four days strategizing with other collegiate chapter presidents from across the U.S. and Canada. We had the opportunity to learn from one another and celebrate our sisterhood with alumnae who exemplified why Alpha Phi is so much more than just four years of our lives.

I walked into this experience as a representative from a single chapter and walked out with sisters from all over who I now have the privilege of calling my friends. I attained a whole new appreciation for this organization.


When I was first initiated into Alpha Phi, if someone had told me that I would be in the leadership position I am now, I wouldn’t have believed them. My experience at convention allowed me to find a new love for this organization with its passion and dedication towards bettering the lives of young women. I am certain that my collegiate experience would not be near what it has been without Alpha Phi. This chapter has pushed me to be the best version of myself and to develop into a leader I never truly could envision until now. Alpha Phi has provided me with irreplaceable memories and has given me a network of thousands of incredible women around the U.S. and Canada.

I am so grateful for my time in this home, for gaining friendships from coast to coast, and for having the opportunity to attend the biennial convention where I witnessed firsthand the originality and special bond within this sisterhood.